Monday, June 15, 2015





"Meshayla" is a very unique name. While conducting my vanity search, I was easily able to track my digital footprint. A digital footprint is a representation of your online brand. This could be a pro and a con; depending upon how I utilize my social networks. I personally choose to be very selective in what I say, do, and post on Social Media because I value having a positive image. Fortunately, I did not find any passive footprints (except Whitepages) but I did find an older active account that I haven't used in over 8 years. I am currently working on contacting the website's admin to delete this page. The active accounts that I currently use (Indeed, Linked In, Oil Pro, Google, and Tyler AKA 1908 (my sorority website)), popped up on the first page.





Educating our students on digital footprints is very important in today's society. The figure below touches the important questions that I ask my students to always "think" about when posting anything online.


Common Sense Media has great videos for any teacher to share with their class over this topic. To view the videos, please click on the following link!


No comments:

Post a Comment