Friday, June 19, 2015

Twitter Experience

I haven't used twitter in over four years but really enjoyed my reunion with twitter! Of course, the set up has changed a bit since my last use but overall, it is very similar to what I was used to which made it easy for me to maneuver. I installed Hoot Suite and it was quite compelling in regards to its ability to allow you to view all social networks in one place. You can also, schedule updates (included on a calendar and even upload them to a spreadsheet (csv file). I was unaware until this assignment that Facebook, which I use daily allows me to link my twitter account to it. I opted to not utilize this feature because Twitter and Facebook are different volumes of social media. Twitter is more of a constant update and Facebook is more personal to me in which I only post meaningful information to share with family and friends. I enjoyed using #educationaltechnology #edtech #edtec527 and #education on twitter to find useful information. I also began following my classmates and people that I found of similar interests. Twitter is definitely a great tool for any professional to use in order to gain useful information for their field. I am very thankful that my professor required us to use twitter this semester because I doubt if I would have utilized this site again without her. Boy, I would have definitely been missing out on some great stuff! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment