Thursday, July 9, 2015

Closing Reflection: Vanity Search


   Being aware of your internet presence is very important. In the beginning of this class, I performed a vanity search that revealed my presence on a few sites that I was unaware of. I'd completely forgot about my presence on one site, given I created it 9 years ago and was shocked to see my personal information (address, household members, age, etc.) on other sites. 
   It's been approximately a month since I performed my initial search for "Meshayla Campbell" and although my presence has not increased significantly, it has increased some. I believe the reason for this is because I tagged most of my work to the name "shaylateaches." When I google this name, my presence is very well known and I can follow much of my digital footprints. Google, twitter, and glogster are my most popular footprints and they all link to assignments and work done as a requirement for my Etec 597 course.
   I am proud of my new footprints! I believe it fits me well professionally and provides others with a glimpse of who I am as an educational technology professional. I am finishing up my e-Portfolio now and can't wait to see the positive impact that this makes on my web presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment